Wintertime is a time of joy, wonder, and being with those that you love. Everything from the snow to the icicles hanging down can be magical for adults and children alike, but these benefits come with a downside: they can make driving a little tricky. That’s why it’s important to winterize your car, or prepare it for the cold season with winter services. We offer those winter services at our service center at Colonial Nissan of Medford, and we’ve put together a list of all of the recommended services your vehicle could use.
1. Check Your Wiper Blades: Windshield wiper blades can crack or chip over time, so it’s best to have them checked by our technicians before the snow starts.
2. Battery Testing: Batteries are key to startup, and you don’t want to be caught out in the cold with a dead battery, so we’ll test your battery for you and let you know its current condition.
3. Battery Inspection: There are a few parts and systems associated with your battery that can go wrong, so it’s great to check and make sure none of them can cause interference with your startup.
4. Change Washer Fluid to Winter Blend: If you’ve ever driven in the snow, you know that it can make your car and windshield dirty, so you want a washer fluid that won’t freeze when you use it.
5. Windshield Crack and Chip Inspection: Winter weather can worsen cracks and chips in your windshield, so it’s important to find them and fix them first.
6. Check/Replace Engine Antifreeze and Coolant: By making sure your antifreeze and coolant are in good condition, you’re encouraging proper engine health and function in the cold.
7. HVAC Inspection: HVAC systems keep you warm during the winter, so we’ll check yours out with a focus on the heater, defrost, seat warmers, and steering wheel warmers.
8. Brake Inspection: Brakes are vital when driving on slippery roads, so we’ll take a look and help you stay safe during the winter.
9. Tire Inspection: We can inspect your tires and even change them to snow tires if you want that for your car.
10. Roadside Safety Kit: A roadside safety kit will prepare you for the worst when you’re out and about in the snow and cold, so it’s important to have that fully stocked with everything you might need.
Our service center is the primary provider of winter Nissan services for Medford, Malden, Boston, Somerville, Cambridge, and the surrounding areas. We even provide a complimentary multi-point inspection for your vehicle with any service, so set up your appointment online today!